Tobacco 21 Bill - Speak Out NOW!
Idaho healthcare advocates are rallying behind Senate Bill 1106. If enacted this legislation would raise the legal sale age of tobacco products from 18 to 21.
Take a moment to email the members of the Senate State Affairs Committee, by clicking HERE.
Please send your message by 7am MST Friday, March 3rd, AND ask health center staff to take action.
Reasons to support SB 1106:
- Tobacco is the leading cause of preventable disease & premature death
- 95% of adult smokers started before age 21
- Tobacco companies target youth with advertising
- Each year 1,400 Idaho kids become new regular daily smokers, and 1/3 of will likely die prematurely due to this addiction
- In Idaho, health care costs caused by tobacco total more than $508 million per year