Coding Specialist I
Want to be a part of a team that's making a difference across the Treasure Valley? Terry Reilly provides quality, integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services to everyone, regardless of income or insurance status. This is only made possible through our mission-driven, talented team. Because we support and value your time in and out of the office, it is important to us that our staff is given a healthy work-life balance. With a flexible schedule and excellent benefits including options for free healthcare, we hope you will consider joining our growing team.
This role supports the patient financial services area of revenue cycle. Reviews posted charges and coding related to the daily clinic visits in the EHR/PM system. Effectively works through system charge errors to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Review and manually post charges for any non-electronic procedures.
- Performs daily review of charge entry errors needing corrected or attended to in preparation for a clean claim.
- Review accuracy and completeness of CPT and ICD coding.
- Review chart notes to interpret and identify missing/incorrect coding
- Corrects errors as appropriate or routes to appropriate staff or provider for correction.
- Communicates significant errors or recurrent problems to Coding Supervisor and other appropriate personnel.
- Participates in end of month data review for quality assurance and data integrity.
- Timely review of missing documentation, coding and/or signature.
- Review chart for missing charges held for injections, medications, labs, and tests to allow to process to billing review.
- Provides direct support to PFS billing staff. Perform chart reviews for correct coding and billing practices.
Provides support to clinical staff, answering questions or resolving problems as needed.
- Minimum 1 years' experience with ICD and CPT coding regulations.
- High level of understanding clinical level and processes.
- High level of understanding CPC guidelines for use of CPT, ICD and HCPC coding.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and direction.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Works well with others as a team player.
- AACP Certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent working knowledge of manuals, guidelines, and resources for coding.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.