Terry Reilly Health Services is hiring a Community Health Worker Supervisor
Works closely with administration, medical providers, primary care teams, and social services agencies to provide short-term care coordination and connection to resources to support clients in improving their health and general well-being. Implements and oversees off-site/on-site outreach programs focusing on health promotion, preventive, curative and case management. Responsible for developing the Community Health Worker program and implementing outreach strategies while supervising Community Health Workers and volunteers. The Community Health Worker Supervisor will be responsible for providing quarterly reports, or as requested, showing the impact and growth of the Community Health Worker outreach program. The CHW Supervisor will oversee the community health worker team as they enroll patients in Medicare, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, and other supportive service benefits. Additionally, the CHW Supervisor will oversee and provide reporting for the Healthy Prescription Program. Supervising a registered dietician, to offer vegetables to patients and tracking health outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health promotion or other health related field, education, communication, or social services.
- Comfortable with and successful at public speaking.
- Culturally competent and interested in working with at-risk population.
- Available for regular weekend and evening duties.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to different outreach sites.
- Knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to do project management.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
- Well-organized, creative, flexible, open-minded and able to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with public and other staff persons. Strong customer relations skills.
- Ability to handle in a professional manner demanding or difficult patients and clients.
- Ability to supervise, hire, develop, and provide correction to subordinates.
- Some clinical experience, e.g. EMT, CNA, MA, Social Work, or Case Management.
- Knowledge and experience with health promotion/disease prevention approach to chronic diseases.
- Community health experience.
For full job description and application information visit Terry Reilly Health Services Careers.