Terry Reilly Health Services is hiring a Dental Assistant I
DENTAL ASSISTANT I
Perform four-handed dentistry, explain treatment plans and procedures to patients, including treatment costs. Maintain set-up and break-down procedures for each patient encounter. Complete instrument sterilization of the clinic and maintain an inventory of clinic supplies. Assist in ordering supplies and proper equipment maintenance, take radiographs and perform expanded duties according to certification, per the Rules of the Idaho State Board of Dentistry. Maintain infection control policies and procedures.
- Considerable manual dexterity to pass instruments to dentist, sufficient mobility to perform assigned essential duties and the willingness and ability to perform all dental assisting duties as described in the Idaho State Board of Dentistry Dental Assistant Practice (see hyperlink under General Responsibilities) and including radiographs and the use of nitrous oxide.
- Willing and able to carry equipment weighing approximately 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to strive for excellence in dentistry.
- Knowledge of dental terminology.
- Knowledge and training in general dental assisting duties, along with, endodontic, oral surgery, crown and bridge and prosthetic dentistry.
- Ability to work with the public and have good communication skills.
- Expanded Functions Certification.
- Flexibility to work with different providers/locations proficiently.
- Graduated from a Dental Assistant Program or comparable training and experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For full job description and application information visit Terry Reilly Health Services Careers.