POSITION TITLE: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager, Chief Medical Officer
FLSA STATUS: Full time –Exempt, Part time – Non-Exempt
Purpose of this Position: The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is an interdependent member of a health care team and will function within established state and federal rules and nursing standards of care. S/he will be required to exercise sound professional judgment while providing primary health care services to ambulatory patients within the specific population served by the clinic. Patient assessment, diagnosis and therapeutic measures will be carried out in close association with the clinic physicians, appropriate specialists and other care agencies in the community. S/he will participate in staff meetings, conferences, in-services, training, continuing education and long and short term planning for Valley Family Health Care.
- Current Advance Practice Nurse Licensure in Oregon and Idaho
- At least 2-3 years experience in a clinical, Family Practice or similarly oriented setting
- Must maintain active Drug Enforcement Administration licensure.
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) to be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Preferably Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Assess patient and institute appropriate therapy within the guidelines established by the approved facility, state, and federal regulations and nursing standards of care.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as administering injections, suturing, managing wounds and infections, etc. Patient assessment, diagnosis and therapeutic measures will be carried out in close association with the clinic physicians, appropriate specialist and other care agencies in the community.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Collaborates with clinic physician or the Medical Director for patients who are beyond normal scope of practice/level of knowledge prior to instituting or prescribing therapeutic measures.
- Provides immediate emergency treatment and/or refers as appropriate.
- Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Patient Centered Care:
- Facilitate health and disease patient education.
- Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
- Coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including referrals to specialty care providers, and continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
- Promote clear communication among the care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Continuous standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling.
- Normal manual dexterity.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak clearly.
- Must have proficient keyboarding skills.