SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Operations Manager oversees all Front Office operations in respective clinic.
High school diploma or GED and at least 2 years of supervisory experience required, preferably in a medical or behavioral health clinic. Candidates must demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team and must possess strong computer and organizational skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Knowledge of Family Health Service policies and procedures involving procurement, travel, and/or employment.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Knowledge of management principles and practices.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Program planning and implementation skills.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Supervises front office staff which typically includes training, work allocation, problem resolution and providing input to Operations Manager for performance evaluation. Schedules front office staff to ensure coverage whenever the clinic is in operation.
2. Manages daily administrative operations of the front office including establishing work priorities and helping to resolve problems related to the day-to-day operations of the clinic.
3. Oversees, coordinates, maintains, and/or processes payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents for front office staff.
4. Oversees maintenance of clinic patient records.
5. Purchases and maintains appropriate control of inventories for office supplies and cleaning materials
6. Oversees daily cash and collections and ensures FHS policies and procedures are followed.
7. Attends monthly Lead meeting and prepares appropriate data for the meeting including: audits, reports, surveys, etc.
8. Updates clinic schedules for providers and applies appropriate templates.
9. Oversees and provides administrative support such as preparing scheduled and special reports, correspondence, and maintaining database management.
10. Works with Administration to coordinate space assignments for the clinic and oversee building and equipment security, safety, and maintenance.
11. As appropriate to the individual position and training/qualifications, provides administrative assistance and support to providers, to include problem solving, project planning and management, fiscal management, day-to-day office coordination, and secretarial services.
12. Acts as public relations liaison as necessary or appropriate.
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Family Health Services enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements, participating in emergency response tasks as requested, and serving on safety committees and teams as requested. In addition, employees must accept the responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves and others by adhering to all written and verbal instructions, promptly reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe conditions, and providing feedback to supervisors and management on all safety issues.
Family Health Services is committed to the very highest standards of ethics and integrity. It is our policy to properly determine the accuracy of reporting and billing our services in accordance with the rules, laws and regulations of FHS, the state government, and the federal government. FHS employees will do their part to ensure accurate documenting and billing practices, participate in compliance trainings and will identify and report any concerns or activities that may violate these standards.
Each employee will be trained on the FHS Medicare Compliance Plan and the Standards of Conduct and asked to sign a Conflict of Interest Statement at hire and annually thereafter. A copy of the Medicare Compliance Plan and the FHS Standards of Conduct are available on the FHS home page under the Compliance tab.
PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME (PCMH):
Family Health Services is committed to providing our patients with the highest standards of care by becoming recognized as patient centered medical home. FHS staff is expected to participate in this process by being an active and willing PCMH team member. Specific duties and expectations may vary and will be identified by position and site.
Employee must read and understand the general and specific operational, safety, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to this job.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.