Terry Reilly Health Services is hiring for an Infection Prevention & Employee Health Nurse.
Responsible for oversight of the organization's infectious prevention and control strategies while creating and administering safety and health programs for employees. In collaboration with the medical leadership team and key stakeholders, this position develops and maintains systems within the organization to detect, monitor, prevent, measure, investigate, report and manage patient and employee adverse events as they relate to the practice of infection prevention measures. (This statement eludes risk management, otherwise)
- Facilitates and coordinates efforts around organization infection control including but not limited to prevention and control policies/standards and coordination with clinical education.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, leads and facilitates committees including infection control and employee health/safety.
- Implements control policies and standards including monitoring and tracking of employee health
- Collaborates with clinical leaders and stakeholders to provide consistency in expectations between clinic locations and care delivery strategy that aligns with Infection Control initiatives.
- Responsible for the leadership and implementation of employee health and wellness program including communication, analysis, presentation and promotion of employee well-being.
- Responsible for employee health initiatives including but not limited to pre-employment and employment immunizations and screenings.
- Acts as the organizations Respiratory Protection Program Administrator. Performs medical clearance for, conducts, and oversees employee fit testing in compliance with OSHA and other applicable industry employee safety governance.
- Assists with investigations and monitoring of employee workers compensation injuries. Collaborates with internal stakeholders on communication, education, process improvement and risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintains organizational compliance with local, state, and federal regulation around environment health and control oversight including but not limited to OSHA and HRSA documentation
- Works with the key stakeholders including clinical education, nursing and medical leadership to review and train ongoing safety/risk management, environment of care and infection control expectations
- Responsible for conducting periodic safety inspections and maintain the organization in a state of continual readiness for emergency. Includes collaboration with emergency code drills, emergency preparedness planning and coordination with internal and external communication.
- Current Idaho R.N. license.
- 2 years' experience in an administrative nursing position including direct involvement with infection control and employee health initiatives.
- Strong communication, documentation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience with Infection Control initiative's, employee health administration
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations and to work in a team environment.
- Five or more years' experience in a combination nursing operations, direct patient care, or employee health role.
- Master's degree in Nursing or other related field.
- Experience working with a wide variety of patient populations, including patients living in poverty and individuals of minority groups.
- Bilingual abilities (English/Spanish).
For full job description and application information visit Terry Reilly Health Services Careers.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.