Position: Health Data Analyst
Reports to: Finance Director
Hours: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Idaho Primary Care Association (IPCA) is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support vibrant, effective Community Health Centers in providing accessible, affordable and high quality healthcare to all Idahoans.
The Data Analyst works under the supervision of the Finance Director to support participating community health center efforts for cost reduction and quality improvement work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a data warehouse and reporting capabilities to support quality improvement and cost controls using health care data.
- Manage all ETL processes for incoming data feeds.
- Assist with identification, derivation, and visualization of key performance indicators.
- Evaluate and manage data integrity and the logical and physical design of the data system.
- Assist in contract analysis and network performance acting as a liaison between payers and health center, distributing data to health center on performance indicators.
- Create reports rich in information that are actionable and explain the data to non-technical business staff and external partners
- Produce effective professional presentations of reports and analyses.
- Develop resources and identify opportunities for and provide appropriate trainings and technical assistance (T/TA).
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of T/TA.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field
- Two years health data analysis
- Competence in fundamentals of data warehouse development, including understanding of database structure and function
- Understanding of health care delivery systems and safety-net providers.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously while identifying areas for process improvement.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving skills and negotiation skills.
- Competence in Microsoft Office required.
- Methods to extract information from large data sets
- SQL – Intermediate/SSRS
- Skills: Analytical, Problem solving, Verbal and written communication, Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Competence in analytic and data visualization software.
- Insurance and healthcare cost trends
- Healthcare payment methodologies such as DRGs, APCs, and capitation
- Statistical analysis
- Experience working in a Community Health Center.
- One year of experience in public health, health education or related field
- Transform complex data from the databases through statistical analyses into meaningful information that supports management, operational and executive decision-making
- Learn or adapt to new methods and tools needed to accomplish goals
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role, with a significant portion of the day spent at the computer; however, this position would require the ability to lift files and equipment such as laptops, flip charts and stands, projectors and meeting materials such as handouts and binders; open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Up to 20% travel is expected for this position.
If interested and qualified for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and completed application for employment. Application materials should demonstrate or address the qualifications above. Submit via email to:
Idaho Primary Care Association
IPCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.