Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Deputy Director
Hours: Full Time
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: January 2021
The Idaho Primary Care Association (IPCA) is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support vibrant, effective community health centers in providing accessible, affordable and high quality healthcare to all Idahoans.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, this position provides administrative support for the organization, including program staff, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Finance Director to help the organization run efficiently. The Administrative Assistant contributes to a positive and productive work environment, and has the ability to prioritize work with frequent interruptions to carry out responsibilities and administrative duties.
- Provides support to CEO with coordinating and scheduling appointments and meetings; makes travel arrangements; prepares reports and materials
- Maintains company administrative files
- Answers phone calls, supports visitors, receives deliveries and distributes mail
- Develops and updates forms (travel reimbursement, timesheet, check request, Visa reconciliation, etc.)
- Coordinates administrative and program supply ordering adhering to allocated budgets and purchasing approval process
- Oversight for maintenance and troubleshooting of office equipment (copier, postage meter, etc.)
- Maintains up-to-date listings of health center sites, providers and leadership teams and contributes to the maintenance and distribution of company information (internal and public) including board lists, member lists, committee lists
- Assists with grant applications and reports
- Reviews and edits documents and communication for format, grammar and punctuation
- Prepares correspondence, memos and other documents as assigned for Deputy Director and CEO
- Assist other program managers and carry out special projects as assigned
- Supports benefits enrollment and maintains filing system for employee benefits
- Supports recruitment and new employee onboarding, including benefits enrollment and completion of new employee checklist items; initiates and coordinates exiting employee checklist in coordination with supervisors/managers
- Provides assistance in drafting, documenting, distributing and maintaining via print and electronic media all approved policies and procedures
- Coordinates regular employee handbook and policy review with staff
- Assists Finance Director with receipt of invoices, check request preparation for weekly payment of invoices, VISA statement reconciliation and expense reports
- Receives and deposits funds – maintains/updates monthly log
- Staffs finance committee, including meeting scheduling, distribution of financial reports and meeting minutes
- Assists Finance Director with monthly financial and other business reporting and distribution of reports; assists with annual audit
Board and Leadership
- Assists Board members as needed/requested
- Responsible for Board meeting scheduling, logistical arrangements, minutes and signatures
- Prepares and distributes Board meeting materials
- Sponsorship: responsible for all aspects of meeting sponsors, including communicating with sponsors, and potential sponsors, receiving and documenting payment, requesting materials, providing a welcome and information, updating sponsorship information as needed.
- During legislative session, checks legislative calendar daily and apprise policy director of meetings/agendas that may impact CHCs and/or underserved communities.
- Provides logistics support for scheduling meetings with decision-makers.
- Annually updates Idaho legislators contact information, committees.
Skills and Qualifications:
Calendar and schedule management experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail for error-free work; strong Microsoft Office skills; experience supporting virtual meetings using Zoom or other webinar software; experience managing processes and systems; ability to carry out projects and work independently or as part of a team; demonstrated time management and organization; strong customer service skills; friendly, helpful attitude and professional demeanor; adaptable to change; skilled at analyzing information; problem solving; supply management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimal (<5%) travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school
- Two years of administrative
Preferred Education and Experience
- Three years of related
- Experience in healthcare industry and/or nonprofit sector
If interested and qualified for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and completed application for employment. Application materials should demonstrate or address the qualifications above. Submit via email to:
Idaho Primary Care Association
1087 W River St., Ste 160
Boise, ID 83702
IPCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.