POSITION TITLE: IT Support Services Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: IT Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Purpose of the Position: The IT Support Services Technician is responsible for supporting the organization’s computing and telecommunication network operations and procedures. The technician works within a team environment to support telephone systems, which includes installation of cabling and phones, maintenance of the phone switch and voice mail, and customer service activities. The position is responsible for peripheral equipment, networks, communications equipment, and providing support for users’ software and hardware needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience in computer network maintenance.
- Applicant must be able to pass background check.
- Associates degree or higher in computer networking or Cisco certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, installs and performs testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication and computer network systems.
- Assembles, installs, configures and tests computer equipment or units of local area networks requiring use of standard interface protocols.
- Consults with and assists manufacturer’s representatives in the installation of new computer equipment; exercises total responsibility for routine installation or modification projects; assists other technicians or the director in repairing, installing and testing complex pieces of equipment or local area networks; submits equipment repair warranties.
- Develops and maintains software and hardware inventory and tracking systems; develops inventory lists and orders, stocks and stores electronic components.
- Installs cable for phone system. Performs moves, adds, deletes and other changes for phone uses. Sets up calling features such as automatic call distribution (ACD) groups, pick groups, call processing and voice mail. Provides phone support and training to new users and solves miscellaneous phone problems.
- Performs preventive maintenance for computer, data communication and/or peripheral equipment; tests and adjusts to appropriate standards.
- Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting, bending, stooping, walking and standing.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak clearly.
- Manual dexterity.