Since 1982, Glenns Ferry Health Center, Inc. dba Desert Sage Health Centers has delivered quality care for communities in Elmore and Owyhee Counties.
Desert Sage Health Centers believes in patient-focused care delivered through a caring team of competent and caring health care professionals. As a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), level two recognized organization, Desert Sage Health Centers prides itself in the quality of care it delivers to more than 6,400 annual patients at three health center site locations. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention, healthy living and is designed to reduce health care disparities and avoid unnecessary trips to emergency rooms or other more costly forms of care.
At Desert Sage Health Centers, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that buildings and equipment are cleaned, orderly and sanitized.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily Cleaning Activities
- Dusts and wet mops all linoleum and wood floors in patient care areas, kitchen, and restroom areas
- Dusts, cleans, and sanitizes all counter tops, window ledges, and horizontal surfaces in exam room, public waiting rooms, and office spaces.
- Disinfects and sanitizes exam rooms and exam table bases
- Cleans glass surfaces and windows
- Ensures paper, soap and sanitizer dispensers are stocked and functional
- Spot cleans and vacuums all carpeted areas
- Sweeps outside doorways
- Monthly Cleaning Activities
- Terminally cleans all exam rooms and bathrooms
- High low dusting
- Quarterly Cleaning Activities
- Oiling wood doors, chair rails, and baseboards
- Supply Control
- Monitors janitorial supply inventory and orders as needed, per established procurement guidelines
- Maintain janitorial equipment and storage areas in a clean and organized fashion
- Reports unsafe conditions and repair needs to supervisor
- Monitors building security by making sure all doors are secure and alarms are set at the end of the shift
- Ensures attendance and hours worked are accurately recorded and turned in timely
- Responsible for regular, predictable attendance and to work hours as scheduled
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and comply with policies
- Basic organizational skills, typically to organize own work
- Ability to read and interpret written information
- Job duties require the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Work requires consideration of the impact of work product on other employees in the work process
- Job duties are typically performed in response to workflow or ongoing direction by supervisors or others
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create, send, and manage email in Outlook
- Ability to access web-based applications
Work is performed in and around an ambulatory care setting, which may include the requirement to work outdoors and at other sites.