Terry Reilly Health Services is hiring an LPN.
Provides medical support duties within a multi-disciplinary Patient Centered Medical Home care team. General medical support duties include, but are not limited to, rooming patients, taking vital signs, assisting with procedures, performing basic laboratory services, completing x-ray examinations, processing medication refill requests, processing sterile supplies and administering medications.
- Prepares patient for clinician encounter by checking patient into examination rooms in accordance with Standard Rooming Protocol.
- Generates all necessary EMR nursing documentation for each patient encounter, following appropriate protocols.
- Communicates all necessary patient information to other health care professionals, both in TR and to outside facilities.
- Performs nursing procedures such as ear lavage, EKG, injections, dressing changes, and diabetic foot exams per established protocols.
- Assists medical clinician with procedures such as IUD insertion, LEEP, cryotherapy, joint injections, suturing, colposcopy, PAP, biopsy, orthopedic casting, circumcision, and nail removal. Prepares and maintains sterile field as necessary.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with BLS protocols and established TR policies/procedures.
- Maintains adequate stock of all medical supplies and equipment in exam and treatment rooms.
- Obtains and processes lab specimens according to established TR policy and protocols: blood, urine, etc. Completes all necessary documentation via LIS/EMR and ensures all labs are resulted prior to the end of shift.
- Monitors and documents Lab QA and emergency equipment checks per protocol.
- Receives and processes medication refill requests and faxes per protocol.
- Administers medications on clinician's orders following the 6 Rights of Medication Administration.
- Monitors patient schedule to ensure all appropriate records, equipment and supplies are available.
- Completes tasks and assignments delegated by RN team leader.
- In accordance with documented training/orientation, administers x-ray examinations as ordered by a medical clinician exercising professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
- Appropriately positions and transfers patients when needed utilizing good body mechanics and ensuring the safety and comfort of the patient.
- Assists with patient education.
- Monitors daily schedule to ensure all necessary equipment, records and reports are available prior to the scheduled patient appointment.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Current Idaho licensure
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 30 pounds.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish speaking skills.
- One or more years’ experience in an office setting.
For full job description and application information visit Terry Reilly Health Services Careers.