Responsible for ongoing activities related to the, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to policies and procedures relevant to the privacy of use, access, and disclosure of patients' protected health information in compliance with the Privacy Rule and other applicable privacy laws. This position will oversee and provide subject matter expertise around health information data ensuring its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper and electronic systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Science or 4 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of two years healthcare experience and two years leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to healthcare compliance, e.g. Medicaid/Medicare, NCQA, HIPAA, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with proven ability to author effective policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and foster collaboration amongst diverse work groups.
- Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple activities and tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with corporate leaders and other staff. Strong customer service, patient advocacy, and team orientation philosophy of care.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and use sound judgement.
- HIM (Health Information Management) degree, or equivalent education as in RHIT (Registered Health Information Technologist or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator)).
- Masters in health information or healthcare related field.
- Specific training in compliance.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Possess knowledge of current medical records laws, regulation, and terminology.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.