At Terry Reilly we believe we are successful when we have a healthy, thriving community. This is accomplished as a result of our mission-driven and talented team. We provide integrated care throughout the Treasure Valley with our medical, dental and behavioral health services - allowing our employees the unique ability to experience several disciplines of health care. It is important to us that our staff is given a healthy work-life balance, so we support and value your time in and out of the office. We also provide our employees with excellent benefits including options for free healthcare.
Performs a variety of laboratory tests, many of which are complex, using established and approved protocols, which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Professional application of the principles, theories, and techniques of medical technology are used to produce consistently reliable test results which aid the clinician in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Ensures quality performance of the laboratory by adhering to all quality control, quality assessment, proficiency testing and safety policies as outlined in the laboratory policy and procedure manual.
- Performs routine testing in the waived, moderate and highly complex categories (as defined by CLIA '88) in the laboratory, using established and approved protocols. Recognizes deviation from expected results; then analyzes and corrects the problem using scientific principles. Refers implausible results or problems to appropriate personnel. Determines validity of test results based in part on instrument operation, results of quality control, specimen integrity and correlation with other laboratory tests or patient information. Analyze specimens in an accurate, organized and prioritized manner following laboratory procedures and policies to ensure quality and turnaround time guidelines.
- Accepts written or electronic orders from clinicians, completes the patient requisition and test requests in Harvest LIS. Verifies patient demographic and billing information. Reviews results in the LIS and verifies that all tests have been completed. Communicates requested results to clinicians. Reviews results from any reference laboratory and releases them to the Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Reports test results maintaining necessary written or Laboratory Information System (LIS) records and oral communication according to policy and procedure.
- Collects blood specimens from patients. Instructs patients on collection of various specimens for laboratory testing. Ensure specimens tested are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored. Centrifuges specimens to prepare them for test analysis. Troubleshoots any problems or discrepancies encountered.
- Records and analyses quality control data for trends and abnormalities and does not report results unless QC data are within accepted parameters. Makes judgments concerning the results and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled on laboratory instrumentation and assures proper operation of instrumentation before and during operation.
- Records preventive maintenance documentation and all other indicators (temperature, timers, etc.) as required by the procedure manual. Perform instrument and test system quality control and maintenance according to procedures. Troubleshoot problems encountered.
- Reports and immediately corrects all inaccurately reported data.
- Assists in inventory and ordering of general supplies. Assist in maintaining inventory of supplies and reagents through documentation or communication. Assists in ordering supplies and submission of invoices and packing slips to the Purchasing Department.
- Properly prepares specimens for shipment to reference laboratories; when necessary, contacts referral laboratories for information on tests.
- Maintains work areas in a sanitary condition. Maintains a safe and clean working environment for all employees. Understands and abides by all TR and laboratory testing and safety procedures as mandated by OSHA and CLIA. Correct or report potentially unsafe acts or conditions immediately.
- Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency test samples are treated like patients' samples. Participates in an approved proficiency testing program
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and notify the lab manager if they cannot correct the problem.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures when tests are not within acceptable limits.
- Prints, sorts, and distributes reports to appropriate locations. Identifies critical lab values and triages them appropriately.
- Observes principles of data security and patient confidentiality.
- Maintain proficiency in computer skills necessary to order, modify, result, correct, cancel, credit tests and handle patient inquires.
- Communicates information such as test results, methodology, test sensitivity and specificity to authorized sources.
- Be a resource for other staff or clients regarding laboratory matters. Serve as a role model and mentor to other laboratory staff and new employees.
- Bachelor of science with 1 year of laboratory training or experience.
- Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists MT/MLS(ASCP).
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Three years physician office laboratory experience.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.