The Outreach and Enrollment (OE) Specialist offers individuals and families information and assistance with enrollment into affordable health insurance options through the Idaho Health Insurance Exchange, Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program, and other benefits. The OE Specialist represents TR at community outreach events and builds relationships with patients and community partners that attract special populations and the general public to TR for health care services.
- Minimum 2 years experience and/or education in community service, health or social service sector.
- Must be able to understand and interact respectfully and effectively with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations. Able to serve consumers with limited English proficiency, low literacy, and limited experience with insurance.
- Able to simplify and translate complex insurance jargon, tax credit and financial terms.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Able to resolve differences of opinion, using tact and diplomacy. Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to speak effectively before groups and actively engage the general public in outreach situations.
- Strong computer skills, specifically using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must not have a conflict of interest, financial or non-financial (e.g. a family member's employment with a health insurer).
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend.
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle with insurance, with ability to travel within the Treasure Valley area.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, health education, communications or related program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Experience in client application assistance settings with emphasis on diverse communities of ethnicity and income.
- Knowledge of the health and human services infrastructure, health insurance programs and public coverage options, including Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP.
- Experience conducting outreach and application assistance to low-income consumers in establishing financial eligibility for public programs.
- Experience working in a community organizing setting.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For full job description and application information visit Terry Reilly Health Services Careers.