Since 1982, Glenns Ferry Health Center, Inc. dba Desert Sage Health Centers has delivered quality care for communities in Elmore and Owyhee Counties.
Desert Sage Health Centers believes in patient-focused care delivered through a caring team of competent and caring health care professionals. As a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), level two recognized organization, Desert Sage Health Centers prides itself in the quality of care it delivers to more than 6,400 annual patients at three health center site locations. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention, healthy living and is designed to reduce health care disparities and avoid unnecessary trips to emergency rooms or other more costly forms of care.
Desert Sage Health Centers is currently recruiting an energetic full time Bilingual Patient Registration team member who is self motivated, energetic, and approaches customer service with a smile first, for our front desk patient registration department! The right person must be bilingual in Spanish/English, able to multi task, schedule patient appointments by phone and in person, maintain files, tracking systems and data collection activities. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
- Greets and welcomes all patients/visitors to the clinic in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner.
- Determines purpose of visit or phone calls and directs patients/visitors/callers to appropriate area.
- Performs intake duties including explaining various forms.
- Updates and verifies demographic information for established patients to include: addresses, phone numbers, insurance benefits, and emergency contact.
- Registers new patients.
- Promptly check-in patients arriving for their appointments, monitors time waiting (no more than 10 minutes).
- Participate in morning huddles with clinical and/or dental staff to prepare for work day to include needs for interpretation, available appointments, triage and ensuring that schedules are at capacity for each day and next day.
- Determine timeframe for appointment requests for new and established patients utilizing standards of scheduling protocol and the degree of patient’s medical needs.
- Monitor and update ‘Eligibility and Phone’ reports.
- Efficiently reschedules return appointments and assess patient for satisfaction of visit.
- Maintain knowledge of the current standard scheduling and tools.
- Offer and/or update sliding scale discount to every patient (no insurance, under-insured and insured, & Medicare) information for eligibility for discounted services.
- Explains the 340B medication program to patients and verifies 340B information is up-to-date and accurate on an annual basis.
- Collect monies and payments from patients for office visits and any fees due at time of service (TOS) during “check-in” for patient’s visit.
- Direct medication refill requests to the clinical support staff via patient case in electronic health computer system.
- Knowledge on how to problem-solve various situations that occur in the medical, behavioral health and/or dental electronic health record system related to the patient’s statement, demographics and insurance information.
- Maintain cash box balancing at the beginning and end of each day.
- Knowledge of policy on setting patients up on payment plans as assigned.
- Works in collaboration with Patient Accounts to problem-solve accounts, as appropriate.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality at all times.
- Clean and maintain work space, lobby area, computers, printers, and photocopiers on a regular basis according to equipment maintenance procedures.
- Awareness/acceptance of cultural competency aspects and sensitivity.
- On a rotating basis with other staff work occasional evenings and Saturdays as applicable.
- Assist in training new patient registration staff as necessary.
- Ability and transportation to rotate between three health center locations as needed.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is required.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in primary care is preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Courteous and empathic personality.
- Ability to operate electronic health computers/keyboard and phone system.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Prefer at least one-year public contact experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality per the Privacy Act.
- Possess good judgment about handling clinical emergencies and behavioral problems.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, health and dental insurance. Salary is DOE.
If you are self motivated, compassionate and ready to give back to your community, and have the necessary training, come join our team!
Desert Sage Health Centers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.