Heritage Health is hiring a Physician of Post Acute Care.
Heritage Health is a mission driven not for profit organization, committed to delivering a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change and extends life for our patients and our community. We are a growing patient-centered practice that is looking for a full-time Physician with our Post-Acute team in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
We are seeking a physician to provide high quality care in accordance with national guidelines to all Heritage Health patients in a culturally competent manner and in a manner that is consistent with Heritage Health’s mission statement. We aim to find a physician to provide clinical support to all providers and staff on an as needed basis and to be a strong leader who treats all staff with respect and supports teamwork and a positive work environment.
Our physician will examine and treat members of family, regardless of age or sex; ensure proper injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery; prescribe and administer medications, perform routine vaccinations, perform minor procedures and provide advice regarding personal health and hygiene; request necessary tests and follow-up visits and refer patients to specialists, as necessary.
In this role, you will:
- Schedule primary care visits per agreed upon FTE status
- Be able to see 15-20 patients per clinical day.
- Maintenance of hospital privileges (active or associate) is recommended. Hospital care is provided primarily through agreement with another practice.
- Maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- Prepare and review medical histories and obtains data through interviews.
- Examine patients, formulates differential diagnostic plans, define and orders required diagnostic testing. Interpret examination findings and test results, and implements treatment plans.
- Determine need for consultation and assist in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Participate in surgical procedures according to training, volume standards, and demonstrated ability.
- Provide supportive and definitive care to patients with serious medical and surgical conditions with appropriate consultation, based on documented and demonstrated proficiency.
- Manage medical services for the health care of families.
- Formulate plans and procedures for operating outpatient services directed toward health maintenance and ongoing health care of families by a physician who serves as their personal physician.
- Promote positive interpersonal relationships with fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information.
- Have regular and predictable attendance.
- Attend all monthly staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participate in QA/QI activities.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Participate on QA or other committees to promote better practice within the health centers.
- Role model strong leadership skills and promote teamwork.
- Follow all established clinical protocols and procedures.
- Actively supports decision making of the Senior Management team.
- Heritage Health staff have an active role in our Patient Centered Medical Home model of care. This role is designated as part of the Heritage Health PCMH Care Team.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Medical degree or doctor of osteopathy degree
- Board certified or board eligible in chosen specialty field
- Active Idaho medical license, Controlled Substance License, and DEA License
- BLS certification
Heritage Health is a federally qualified health center. We believe that healthcare should be accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
Heritage Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package! 100% of our full time employees' medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is covered by Heritage Health. Additional life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage is also available.
We value our employees' health and future!
- We offer a 403b retirement plan where Heritage Health matches up to 2% of your contribution.
- Employees start accruing 120 hours of paid time off during their first year of employment. We also cover 8 paid holidays.
- Discounts are also available on cell phone plans as well as gym memberships!
Please apply online at www.myheritagehealth.org/careers
Heritage Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.