Position Title: Policy and Communications Director
Reports To: CEO
Hours: Full time/Negotiable
FSLA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: S2
Effective Date: April 2020
The Idaho Primary Care Association (IPCA) is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support vibrant, effective Community Health Centers in providing accessible, affordable and high quality healthcare to all Idahoans
The Policy and Communications Director reports to the IPCA CEO. The Policy and Communications Director will lead IPCA efforts related to policy formation in Idaho and state and national rulemaking and legislative processes. The Policy and Communications Director will also lead IPCA communications and branding, assuring fulfillment of the mission and projecting a professional image.
- Lead IPCA staff in developing and executing a focused policy and advocacy agenda to support Health Center needs and the needs of under and uninsured Idahoans
- Monitor, analyze and report on policy and legislation that impacts Health Centers and underserved Idahoans
- Conduct research, write reports, and develop public education materials that support Health Center education efforts
- Develop and implement targeted public relations strategies around specific public policy issues, and create opportunities for media coverage to better educate the public
- Enable Health Centers to understand, participate in, and integrate policy making, rulemaking, and legislative processes
- Interact with and as necessary lead analysis and policy staff of partner organizations, including payers, health systems, associations, and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Serve as primary interface for policy formation and advocacy planning between IPCA, Health Centers, and NACHC
- Serve as primary point of contact with Idaho local, State, and Federal public and elected officials on Health Center activities and needs
- Represent IPCA and Health enters at events and to other organizations
- Participate in organizational operations as appropriate, including assisting with grant development and reporting
- Prepare briefing documents including fact sheets for board and public distribution
- Participate and support branding of IPCA and the Health Centers
- Assist with development of legislative testimony as needed, for IPCA CEO, Board members or lobbyist
- Staff support to the Policy and Advocacy Committee of the Board of Directors
- Assume other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, health care management or related field
- Three years of leadership experience in the field of social or health policy
- One year experience in the field of Health Center operations, or related field
- Strong communications skills including editing and writing public relations pieces
- Demonstrated success in building effective community partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communications and organizational skills
- Master’s degree in health care administration, public administration, business administration, or related field
- Experience working with health systems, including providers, payers and public agencies
- Experience in process, project, and change management techniques
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Frequent contact with public officials and Health Center personal is expected.
This is largely an office role; however, some lifting and bending is required. This position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive throughout the state.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. After hours work to attend functions and meetings is expected and hours will flex around these expectations.
In State and Out of State travel is required for this position.
If interested and qualified for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and completed application for employment. Application materials should demonstrate or address the qualifications above. Submit via email to:
Idaho Primary Care Association
1087 W River St., Ste 160
Boise, ID 83702