Certified or Registered Medical Assistant or License Practical Nurse
Desert Sage Health centers has a current opening for a Quality and Risk Management Coordinator based at our Mountain Home site. This position is responsible for identifying risk areas that will possibly effect patient care and service and put practices into place to overcome them. Making sure the Desert Sage quality of service to patients and staff remains at a high level through training. The right candidate will be able to work alone and with a team. Below are the minimum qualifications and key responsibilities, if you fit these please send a cover letter, resume and application found below to email@example.com
- Demonstrated background in risk management, quality improvement, and emergency preparedness.
- LPN, MA, DA or other clinical practice certification
- Experience with presenting, training, and coaching others
- Demonstrated support, engagement, and active participation in Lean changes and improvement efforts
Key Job Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive, but includes the highlights):
- Risk management including responding to and processing incident reports, researching adverse events, creating action plans
- Respiratory protection plan administration and maintenance
- Advise and guide clinic in best practices in infection control
- Completes the risk management and quality sections of the annual malpractice coverage application
- Conducts regular risk and facility hazard assessments
- Employee health program oversight
- Lead and coach teams in clinical quality improvement efforts, lean standards and methods, daily management systems, etc.
- Compliance with and leadership of CMS Emergency Preparedness requirements
- Assistance with grant-funded clinical quality improvement efforts including grant reporting, defining goals, etc.
- Writes and manages policies and procedures around risk management, patient safety, event response, and emergency preparedness.
- Training of staff in all the areas above, annual clinical competencies, etc.