JOB DESCRIPTION ($2,000 Sign-On Bonus & Part-Time Telecommuting May be Available for Highly Qualified Candidates!!)
Since 1982, Glenns Ferry Health Center, Inc. dba Desert Sage Health Centers has delivered quality care for communities in Elmore and Owyhee Counties.
Desert Sage Health Centers believes in patient-focused care delivered through a caring team of competent and caring health care professionals. As a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Desert Sage Health Centers prides itself in the quality of care it delivers to more than 8,000 annual patients at three health center site locations. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention, healthy living and is designed to reduce health care disparities and avoid unnecessary trips to emergency rooms or other more costly forms of care.
At Desert Sage Health Centers, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Quality & Risk Management Nurse is responsible for using nursing skills and experience to oversee and coordinate chronic care management activities and care plans; for supervising a team of care coordinators and quality coordinators to ensure achievement of quality measures and high-quality patient care; and assessing areas of DSHC’s organizational risk to ensure patient and staff safety and clinical excellence. The person in this role will spend time at all three clinic sites to ensure safety and engagement with all clinical staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversight of DSHC’s Chronic Care Management Program (25%)
- Ensure compliance with NCQA PCMH concepts, specifically around care coordination and care management.
- Serve as the organization’s key point of contact for clinical response to patient needs identified through the Chronic Care Management Program
- Contact patients and triages follow-up when CCM program identifies needs
- Review and update care plans as needed in cooperation with providers and care teams
Oversight of Care Coordination and Quality Coordination Program (45%)
- Supervises care coordinators and quality coordinators; is ultimately responsible for the team’s prioritization of work, effectiveness and quality of service to patients.
- Reviews and documents workflows to ensure efficient and high-quality care
- Works with staff members to create and execute outreach campaigns to reach patients with gaps in care
- Tracks the success of these activities using defined metrics
- Participates in value-based care program development to include chart reviews of gaps in care, avoidable ED admissions, high-volume healthcare consumers, etc.
- Serves as the clinical expert for improving the health system’s quality of care and patient outcomes
Oversight of Clinical Risk Management Activities (30%)
- Manages the organization's annual risk management plan, including development, monitoring, tracking of data compared to goals, and improvement plans.
- Assures health center’s quality and compliance activities are aligned with FTCA requirements and is the primary contributor of information to the annual FTCA application process; maintains systems, documents, logs, training plans, and meeting minutes throughout the year that are required for successful submission of this application.
- Serve as the program lead for infection control throughout the organization and supporting all departments, including development of policies, procedures, and protocols; training of staff; periodic assessments of infection control practices; pandemic response; etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for initial and ongoing employee health needs to include new employee immunization reviews, ongoing PPD status reviews, annual employee flu vaccine campaigns, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for patient, employee, or visitor incidents; conduct research on details, follow-up with appropriate action, complete documentation, develop new workflows to prevent future occurrences, and report to Quality and Risk Committees as indicated. Reports quarterly (at a minimum) data and analysis on incidents and follow-up actions.
- Maintains records and schedules of annual CSS competencies and quarterly chart reviews related to infection control and clinical intake.
- Assist with monitoring quality and safety compliance throughout the health system to include site surveys by state and federal agencies, CMS emergency preparedness, CLIA compliance, quality improvement plans, remote clinic visits, etc.
- Idaho LPN or RN license
- Minimum 5 years' experience in clinical nursing, including the use of electronic health records
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in care coordination or care management
- Minimum 3 years' experience in clinical risk management, infection prevention, or related area
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, use spreadsheets, and make recommendations based on data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze processes, conduct root cause analysis, and develop process improvements based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to research and maintain compliance with national standards and regulating bodies such as CDC, OSHA, Department of Health, HIPAA, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training tools, job aides, and other teaching and reference documents to assist in standardizing processes and developing team members’ knowledge and abilities.
- Fully functional in quality improvement methods such as PDSA (Plan, Do, Study, Act)
- Ability to prepare simple reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft-based business applications
Desert Sage Health Centers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Telecommuting may be available
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday