Quality Improvement Manager
An exempt position serving Indian and non-Indian patients/clientele.
Bachelor’s Degree in health related field (i.e.nursing, public health, health administration) required. At least 3 (three) years experience in heath field, direct ambulatory health care operations, public health or social service required. Must be highly self-motivated, organized and demonstrate ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Applicant must be culturally competent in dealing with racially and ethnically diverse populations. Experience with policy development required. Experience with electronic health records, data collection and reporting required. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Experience with accreditation and adhering to grant and federal guidelines preferred. Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security compliance required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees, supervises, evaluates, implements, reports on and coordinates the continuous Quality Improvement Program. This includes overseeing and evaluating chart audits and peer reviews.
- Develop, meet and maintain objectives, coordinate and implement metrics, performance targets and reporting requirements, work plans and best practices for value-based care initiatives and other QI recognition programs in line with the Marimn Health mission and goals.
- Act as a change agent, driving process improvement, coordinating data collection, conducting gap/root-cause analyses, and quality reviews.
- Maintain knowledge of current resources, legislative and program changes relevant to quality initiatives and requirements.
- Chairperson for Quality Management Committee, monitoring that committee members are following through in their assigned area (QI, Safety, Compliance, Incident Reporting, Infection Control, etc).
- Analyze/monitor data and clinical performance to identify trends, resource utilization and emerging issues to prepare reports describing individual and clinic-wide performance for presentation to QM committee.
- Coordinates, maintains, evaluates, reports on risk management program activities. Follows up on Patient/Staff comments/complaints, Incident Reports, Patient Satisfaction Surveys, and other related measures, activities and systems.
- Responsible for annual FTCA redeeming application submission.
- Guide the development and review of patient satisfaction surveys and comment processes; assist in operationalizing these processes into workflows; work with department managers to build action plans based on results to implement appropriate changes to process and workflows.
- Assists Administration with the management and processing of legal claims related activities and serves as the claims point of contact.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on performance measure data, including UDS reports. Develop and maintain a strong Population Health program—including risk stratification—that not only aids care coordination and improved operational performance, but also positions the organization to manage financial risk and thrive in new payment models and arrangements.
- Assists Strategic Development Director with updating progress of Strategic plan.
- Oversees accreditation activities and projects. Keeps current on annual updates to accreditation standards. Prepares the organization for accreditation re-survey process.
- Assists with development of policies, protocols and procedures.
- Integrates work with other staff and areas of Marimn Health’s operation.
- Participates in Marimn Health management team meetings as assigned by the CEO.
- Assists the Human Resources Department with the credentialing process.
- Provides oversight of Marimn Health Emergency Preparedness planning and required activities to meet AAAHC standards and is the Marimn Health representative for tribal emergency planning.
- Participates in development of written collaborative, and memorandum’s of agreement and contracts for Marimn Health’s patient services as appropriate.
- Complies with Marimn Health’s policies and procedures.
- Remains current with standards of primary health care practices.
- Coordinate with providers and clinic staff to promote communication, collaboration, and to ensure adherence to healthcare QA/QI guidelines.
- Plan and facilitate meetings, coaching and transformation efforts, trainings, technical assistance, webinars, and conference calls in relation to QA, Meaningful Use, PCMH, PCPCH, and medical home recognition programs.
- Provide written progress reports for QA initiatives as required.
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested.
For full job description and application information visit Marimn Health.