Heritage Health is a mission-driven not for profit organization, committed to delivering a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and extends life for our patients and our community. We are a growing patient-centered practice that is looking for a full-time Revenue Cycle Manager with our Finance team in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
Under general supervision, the Revenue Cycle Manager manages all aspects of the financial patient encounter from customer service, contracting, compliance, and scheduling to coding, claim submission, follow-up, appeals, and collections. You will supervise and coordinate staff engaged in chargemaster maintenance, billing, collection and associated tasks, and develop operating policies and procedures. In addition, you will work with various departments to assure proper maintenance of chargeable services and items and proper documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, business management, or closely related field preferred
- Professional experience in a hospital or healthcare revenue cycle leadership role including customer service and cash management and experience in a management capacity
- Billing and/or coding certification with a nationally recognized organization preferred
Heritage Health is a federally qualified health center. We believe that healthcare should be accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
We are proud to offer a competitive benefits package! 100% of our full-time employees' medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is covered by Heritage Health. Additional life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage is also available.
We value our employees' health and future!
- We offer a 403b retirement plan where Heritage Health matches up to 2% of your contribution.
- Employees start accruing paid time off from day 1. We also cover 8 paid holidays.
- Discounts are also available on cell phone plans as well as gym memberships!
In this role, you will:
- Identify revenue cycle problems and implement solutions for improvement in a timely fashion.
- Resolve escalated reimbursement issues with payers for optimal management of accounts receivable.
- Oversee all aspects of the revenue cycle related to scheduling, charge capture, coding, claims submission, third party follow-up, remittance processing, denials, resubmissions and appeals, collections of self-pay and collections.
- Maintain meticulous records of error trends and follow-up actions as well as communicate with leadership of any trends identified.
- Work with finance leadership to ensure reconciliation of daily deposits/EFTs tie out with all collected revenue and timely posting of revenue to patient accounts.
- Develop and implement mechanisms and control to ensure appropriate billing and payment cycles, and accurate and timely billing in accordance with established internal and third-party payor requirements in conjunction with the billing manager.
- Monitor aged accounts and verify appropriate collections procedures are being followed.
- Review denial and claims data trends on a regular basis to ensure accountability and follow-up.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls over accounts receivables/cash receipts and monitor charge posting, billing, and collection operations for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures, and standards expected.
- Review and post metrics for leadership to determine when operational goals are met.
- Seek to establish fees for technical and/or professional services, as appropriate, in accordance with prescribed guidelines and parameters.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining data collection and issue reporting including but not limited to routine and special requests for the department, management, and administration within required timeframes.
- Serve as a resource to peers, staff, and others as well as a team leader and trainer as required.
- Provide education, develop step actions and standards of performance. Monitor and reinforce.
- Direct, monitor, assign and evaluate workflows and processes in assigned areas. Work with other departments to ensure seamless process flow and offer suggestions when a workflow needs to be corrected or changed.
- Process, prepare, and maintain required month-end reports, metrics, records, files, and reports on billing and collection activities. Present reports to organization management and the board of directors for review.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Heritage Health is an equal opportunity employer.