Since 1982, Glenns Ferry Health Center, Inc. dba Desert Sage Health Centers has delivered quality care for communities in Elmore and Owyhee Counties.
Desert Sage Health Centers believes in patient-focused care delivered through a caring team of competent and caring health care professionals. As a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), level two recognized organization, Desert Sage Health Centers prides itself in the quality of care it delivers to more than 6,400 annual patients at three health center site locations. Our integrated system emphasizes prevention, healthy living and is designed to reduce health care disparities and avoid unnecessary trips to emergency rooms or other more costly forms of care.
At Desert Sage Health Centers, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
This individual will aid in the development of a school-based therapy program with an emphasis on individual, group and family treatment. Provide behavioral health services and/or consultation, treatment, intervention, and prevention services to school aged children and their families in order to improve psychosocial functioning. Provide behavioral health services and/or consultation to clients served in order to improve psychological function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Evaluates and provides a comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients to include application of appropriate interventions.
2. Works collaboratively with school personnel and the school district to meet the needs of students and families.
3. Is available for consultation purposes (as appropriate) and provides behavioral and cognitive interventions for patients. Identifies at-risk patients and develops short-term goals to prevent psychological or physical deterioration.
4. Provide clinical and therapeutic group, individual and family counseling to school aged
children and their families (or make appropriate referrals).
5. Assists the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
6. Provide onsite mental health assessments or crisis intervention.
7. Provide general case management services, including information and referral and
advocacy to Desert Sage Health Centers’ (DSHC) patients.
8. Coordinate and staff cases with appropriate clinicians (MD’s, NP’s, PA’s, FNP’s,
psychiatrists and BH staff) in a timely fashion.
9. Maintain collaborative linkages with other community programs and services.
10. Permanently maintain client charts and record progress pertaining to service delivery in a legible, coherent fashion, consistent with established policies.
11. Complete treatment plans consistent with Medicaid/Optum requirements to include all payor sources as applicable
12. Comply with all current DSHC policies, including HIPAA policies.
13. Complete requested documentation that would assist client to access community resources (or make appropriate referrals).
14. Attend and participate in all staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
15. Portray professionalism to clients, other DSHC department personnel, referral sources, and the community during daily interactions and appearances.
16. Utilize training funds appropriated for educational advancement consistent with CEU policy; attend required workshops as they occur.
1. Provide public education presentations, in-service training, and participate in outreach
events, as needed.
2. Recruit and supervise volunteers and student interns, as needed.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- Professional license in the state of Idaho (LPC, LMSW)
- Two years assessment and counseling experience (may include school internship in a Master's program)
- Experience formatting DSM V diagnosis
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with disenfranchised populations
- Successful clearance of Department of Health and Welfare criminal background check
- Valid LCSW, LCPC, or equivalent in the State of Idaho
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Three or more years' experience assessing and counseling clients
- Experience working in a medical setting, community health setting, or as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of computer and email systems, as well as EMR
- Knowledge of community resources, including those for the migrant and farm worker populations
- Familiarity with State of Idaho Health & Welfare Mental Health systems
Desert Sage Health Centers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time