Terry Reilly Health Services Recognized for Excellence in Outpatient Setting
Congratulations to Terry Reilly Health Services (TRHS) for their Award of Excellence: Outpatient Setting. The Terry Reilly team was recognized at the Annual Patient Safety and Quality Improvement conference sponsored by Qualis Health on May 4th.
In fighting the opioid epidemic, TRHS created a program at its Boise outpatient clinic to improve the availability of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for patients addicted to legal and illegal opioids. Combining counseling and behavioral health therapies with the use of medication is an effective approach that enables some individuals to sustain recovery.
Improvements after program's first year:
- 85% of the patients who were previously unemployed are now employed
- 3 babies were born to program participants without neonatal abstinence syndrome
- 62% of corrections-involved patients have stayed out of jail or prison
- Only 5% of clients served have been discharged due to non-compliance
- 50% of clients who began the program homeless are now housed
Congratulations Terry Reilly for outstanding work and innovation!