Grand Peaks Medical and Dental is hiring a Therapist.
Job Posting: Therapist
Candidate will work within our Wellness Center, under the direction of our Behavioral Health Director, performing outpatient clinical tasks and functions, to include, but not limited to:
- Providing crisis intervention, comprehensive diagnostic assessment, short-term individual therapy, long-term individual therapy, and family therapy to individuals across the lifespan;
- Providing information and referrals as needed to other mental health providers and professionals in the community;
- Educating individuals in the nature of behavioral health-related conditions and in the general promotion of mental wellness;
- Assisting patients & their natural supports in meeting their psychosocial needs, while enabling them through therapeutic treatment skills, to achieve their optimal level of emotional health;
- Being cognizant of the prevalent psychosocial stressors and their impact on patient populations;
- Demonstrating knowledge of common medications used in behavioral health with the understanding of indications for, administration of, action of, and adverse effects of medications;
- Providing spontaneous and brief interventions within the primary care clinic setting, as a Behavioral Health Consultant to medical staff and medical providers as needed;
- Completing clinical documentation related to patient interaction in a timely and thorough manner as outlined by agency policy;
- Function as a member of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team within the behavioral health & primary care clinics;
- Other job duties as assigned by the Behavioral Health Director.
- Must possess a master’s degree or higher in social work or counseling from an accredited university.
- Currently licensed in the State of Idaho, or able to become licensed in Idaho prior to employment.
- Able to successfully pass a criminal history background check;
- Must be capable of administering outpatient counseling services utilizing evidence-based, best practice modalities that may include, but not be limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Relational Psychotherapy, Person Centered Therapy, EMDR, Motivational Interviewing, and Play Therapy.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Mental health counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Social Work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's or greater
- Competitive Pay (dependent on experience)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Continuing education opportunities
- Several other benefits
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit a full CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Position open until filled.