Hours: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt
Location: Boise, ID
Effective Date: 4/4/2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Are you passionate about improving healthcare in our state for all Idahoans? Do you thrive in an evolving, strengths-based, mission-driven work environment?
The Idaho Primary Care Association (IPCA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support vibrant, effective community health centers in providing accessible, affordable, and high-quality healthcare to all Idahoans. IPCA is the membership organization for Idaho’s Federally-Qualified Health Centers aka community health centers.
Located alongside Boise’s greenbelt, IPCA offers competitive benefits, dedication to work-life balance, and opportunities for professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As the Value-Based Payment Manager, you will serve as the primary liaison between Idaho’s 16 community health centers and Idaho’s health insurance plans. You will use available data to assess, develop, and implement strategies that help health centers meet metrics for fee-for-service and risk-based payment models. You will work closely with both IPCA staff and health center teams across the state to continuously identify and support ongoing health center improvement activities to achieve better patient outcomes and overall success in value-based payment contracts.
- Develop and maintain constructive and effective relationships with payers
- Manage the relationship between health centers and payers
- Present, represent, and market health centers as a provider network to payers
- Work with other members of the IPCA team to ensure alignment of activities to improve the performance of health centers in their value-based payment contracts.
- Utilize data to identify training and technical assistance opportunities for health centers related to cost, quality, and utilization
- Resolve clinical and operational issues between health centers and payers
- Track, prepare, and present performance data, metrics, and settlements for IPCA board meetings
- Maintain strong relationships with Idaho partners working on related efforts, and with other state, regional and national partners; participate on committees and coalitions
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, health care management or related field
- Experience: 3 years’ experience in the fields of provider relations, payer contracting, clinical improvement, managed care, health center operations, or related fields
- Education: Master’s degree in health care administration or related field
- Experience: 3 years’ experience in payer or provider contracting and exposure to various payment methodologies related to value-based care
- Understanding of payer and clinic billing, coding, and reimbursement
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people
- Data analysis skills including use of information technology tools to produce actionable information
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications and organizational skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role, with a significant portion of the day spent at the computer; however, this position would require the ability to lift files and equipment such as laptops, flip charts and stands, projectors and meeting materials such as handouts and binders; open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Less than 30% travel is expected for this position, subject to change after the end of the Public Health Emergency.
If interested and qualified for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter. Submit via email to:
Idaho Primary Care Association
IPCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.