Under indirect supervision, works closely with medical providers, primary care teams, and social services agencies to provide short-term care coordination and connection to resources and support to program clients to improve their health and general well-being through education and provision of coordination of care and services. Implements off-site/on-site outreach programs focusing on health promotion, preventive, curative and case management services for patients.Position requires working in clinic and community-based settings, including client's homes. Implements off-site/on-site outreach programs focusing on health promotion, preventive, curative and case management.
- Two years post secondary education or two years experience in lieu of education.
- Bilingual/biliterate (English/Spanish).
- Comfortable with and successful at public speaking.
- Good understanding of health care delivery.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- Ability to communicate medical information to health care professionals and care coordinators over the telephone.
- Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Culturally competent and interested in working with low-income and underserved population.
- Physical ability to do home visits.
- Available for regular weekend and evening duties..
- Must have reliable transportation to get to different outreach sites.
- Bachelor's Degree in health promotion or other health related field, education, communication, or social services.
- Some clinical experience, e.g. CNA, MA, or phlebotomy.
- Knowledge and experience with health promotion/disease prevention approach to chronic diseases.
- Community health experience.
- Experience working with underserved and/or aging patient populations.
- Two years' experience with Medicare and major insurance carrier regulations, procedures, and benefit plans.
- Experience using Electronic Health Record Systems, including scheduling.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For full job description and application information visit Terry Reilly Health Services Careers.