Motivational Interviewing Training - Managers/Leadership Cohort
||Training & Technical Assistance Calendar
||Motivational Interviewing Training - Managers/Leadership Cohort
||Kaylin Faranda [IPCA Staff]
||Jul 06, 2022 09:00 AM America/Mountain
||Jul 06, 2022 01:00 PM America/Mountain
||Managers/Leadership Cohort - July 6 – September 21
Introductory Training: Wednesday, July 6, 9-1 MST (4 hours)
Follow-up Trainings: Wednesdays 12-1 MST (1 hour), July 13 & 27, August 10 & 24, September 7 & 21
Audience: Executive Level Staff, Managers, Leadership, etc.
Introductory level training
* PLEASE NOTE: After registering for the initial training, you will receive an additional calendar invite to the follow-up trainings.
IPCA will be providing four (4) cohorts of Motivational interviewing (MI) trainings over 2022. Each cohort will begin with a 4-hour Motivational Interviewing training and be followed by six (6) 1-hour trainings. Each cohort will be targeted toward a different health center audience, adapted based on the needs of those present: Frontline/Front desk, Clinical Staff, Managers/Leadership, and Behavioral health staff and others looking for more advanced MI training.
The adaptive training format used includes learning:
• Simple definitions and Spirit of MI
• Simple Micro OARS skills (Open ended questions, Affirmations, Reflections and Summary statements),
• Mid-level engagement skills including dancing with discord (previously rolling with resistance) and empathy
• Mid-level focusing skills including asking permission before giving advice, agenda mapping, and elicit-provide-elicit
• Mid-level evocation skills including recognizing change talk, eliciting change/confidence talk, and consolidating commitment
• Mid-level planning skills including how to transition to the planning process and elicit a plan effectively
• Complex “put-it-all-together” skills.
• Complex “recognize-when-to-be-in-each-process” skills and how to transition smoothly between them
||Hosted by IPCA