IPCA works with community groups that want to start a new community health center, and with existing member community health centers that want to expand.
IPCA's assistance in community development can take many forms, including:
- Meeting with community members, stakeholders, and interested organizations or groups
- Providing information and answering questions about the community health center model
- Documenting the unmet need in a community
- Linking communities to information or technical assistance resources
- Providing guidance on community health center-related grant applications
- Assisting with strategic planning
Each location and situation is unique which means community development is an individual process. Contact IPCA for more information.
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) has published a guide for those who want to know more about how to start a health center.
To learn more about community health centers click here.