Position Title: Value Based Payment Manager
Hours: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: 5/1/2021
The Idaho Primary Care Association (IPCA) is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support vibrant, effective community health centers (CHCs) in providing accessible, affordable and high quality healthcare to all Idahoans.
Idaho’s health centers have formed the Community Health Center Network of Idaho, LLC (CHCNI). The IPCA is the manager of the CHCNI. The Value Based Payment Manager serves as the primary liaison between health centers and the local healthcare marketplace, with responsibility for strategically assessing, developing, and implementing actions to align health centers with key payers/stakeholders in both fee-for-service and risk based environments.
The Value Based Payment Manager works to support the combined mission of Idaho health centers through alliance and community relationships. The Value Based Payment Manager integrates IPCA initiatives and CHCNI priorities, and utilizes data to identify and support health center improvement activities.
- Develops and maintains constructive and effective relationships with payers
- Manages the relationship between health centers and payers
- Presents, represents and markets health centers as a provider network to payers, including maintaining and presenting network data and metrics. Integrates network activities with IPCA initiatives.
- Coordinate with the IPCA in representing health centers to other provider entities and stakeholders as part of Idaho’s developing system of value based care initiatives
- Resolves clinical and operational issues between health centers and payers
- Maintain strong relationships with Idaho partners working on related efforts, and with other state, regional and national partners; participate on committees and coalitions
- Work with other members of the IPCA team and stakeholders to ensure alignment of activities to produce the highest value for CHCNI and IPCA
- Utilizes data to identify training and technical assistance opportunities for health centers related to cost, quality and utilization
- Provide expertise in identifying and resolving payer and clinic billing, coding and reimbursement issues
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, health care management or related field
- Three years of experience in the fields of provider relations, payer contracting, clinical improvement, managed care, health center operations, or related fields
- Understanding of payer and clinic billing, coding and reimbursement
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people
- Data analysis skills including use of information technology tools to produce actionable information
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or other related field
- Three years of experience in payer or provider contracting and exposure to various payment methodologies related to value based care
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role, with a significant portion of the day spent at the computer; however, this position would require the ability to lift files and equipment such as laptops, flip charts and stands, projectors and meeting materials such as handouts and binders; open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Less than 30% travel is expected for this position.
If interested and qualified for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and completed application for employment. Application materials should demonstrate or address the qualifications above. Submit application materials via email to:
Idaho Primary Care Association
IPCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.